donderdag 11 juni 2009

Intermezzo

I haven't been writing for a long time. I'm at Luang Phrabang in Laos at this point leaving to Vang Vieng in 30 minutes. Vietnam and Cambodja lie ahead of me. I have been looking back at the thousands of pictures I've made during my trip and I cannot believe I've been through all of this. It's simply amazing... The sheer amount of experiences that I've had is overwhelming. I almost get tears in my eyes when I see some of the pictures. Life can be so intruiging and intense. It's almost unbelievable. If I compare this to what I have been doing the past years of my life, I must have been asleep. Focused on work and career. Round the clock. Not tasting life in a way I should have done at a much much earlier stage of my life.

I wonder what I will do when I get back? Will I return to the system, blend in and return to all the mindless routines? I don't know if that will be possible. I'm gonna need a change. And it's gonna be the biggest and most positive change I'm gonna have in my entire life. The only really valuable things I can leave behind is my family and friends. No fancy cars, flashy businesscards and fancy sounding titles. I don't feel that is what I need to be happy. I used to though. I guess things change when you explore the world...and yourself.

The life I have right now is the most addictive drug I have ever tried.

I send out all my love to my family, my friends in Belgium and all the friends that i've made all over the world.

Happiness, success and love redefined.

Alice in Wonderland.

1 opmerking:

Unknown zei

A big kiss from Italy!

Love,

Elisa.