maandag 22 juni 2009

The world is a crazy place

Hey

It's been a while, hasn't it?

It's been a while for me too. It seems like months since I've blogged but it's only been two weeks.

I guess after being eaten alive by two nests of red ants during my sleep, my feet being completely destroyed from jumping on and off sharp rocks after buckets of alcohol, swiping those bleeding wounds in the most ridiculous mud pool filled with people I've ever seen, being lost at night alone in the jungle, not having taken any malaria medicine yet, having lost my iPhone at night on some jungle - fucking - island with random bars on it and having some unknown dude find it the next day .... and many days of tubing.... it was time for another blog.

I've been two months in Asia now, visiting random places in random countries. I just zoom in to the places I hear from people are cool and worth seeing. It's the moooost relaxing way of traveling possible. No dates, no deadlines, never in a hurry, never knowing what will really come the next day. The kind of adventure I've always wanted to experience.

After two ripping party weeks in South Thailand I headed north to see the "real" Thailand. And real Thailand I like :-)) Bangkok was way too messy when looking back, although I loved it at the time I was there. Not really a charming place to go back to :)

After a week in Bangkok I stranded for another week in Changmai. Cooking school, Jungle Tracking, Tiger Kingdom and other random anomalies made Changmai an unforgettable experience. Spicy was great and the people I met there even better.

It was when planning my trip to Pai, that I found out my visa for Thailand just expired. Yawn! Change of plans I guess. Skip Pai and book ticket out of Thailand asap. So off I went to Laos. It took me one day to make it to the Eastern border. There we got on some 'slow boat' which goes slowly over 2 days on the Mekong river to Luang Phrabang in Laos. The surroundings and visuals on this trip were absolutely amazing but the boat was HIGHLY uncomfortable. Never again :) But a must-do for at least one time in your life ;)

Once in Luang Phrabang i stuck around there for the Spicy anniversary and visiting the waterfalls for jumping and swimming. Again, lots of good times with lots of great people. After that i did the Elephant training camp. So I can call myself a "mahout" now. An "elephant handler" hehe. Two weeks in Luang Phrabang. Too long too long...

But you see, I travel and try to feel the places I go to in a bit of a different way. If they are good energy I like to stay there for a while and indulge myself in this positiveness. It charges me up and makes me very very happy. Yes, it's that simple. So no hurries. I'd rather miss a few destinations then let go of this feeling.

So then I arrived in Vang Vieng, Laos. The fucked up little tubing town where I've now been for 11 days. Stuck out of fun. It's that energy again I feel. "Relaxness" I call it. Tubing. Meeting new people every day. Drinking. Swimming and jumping into the rocky river. Risking my life. Day after day. I feel 18 again here. Careless. Irresponsible. Happy. Timeless. Alive.

So what's next? I don't know. Every day I tell myself tomorrow I'm leaving :) Maybe I'll try to leave tomorrow again? If not you'll find me with a bucket at the river. Yeah. Good place there at the river. Kinda fucked up but really nice to forget about the rest of the world.

I guess the next best thing would be falling in love again :D


Peace to all the travellers and all the campers ;)

X

Geen opmerkingen: